Joseph F. Agnelli, Jr. is a co-founding partner of Agnelli Law Offices, P.C. Previously a partner in one of the Commonwealth’s largest personal injury firms for several years, he has nearly 40 years of experience representing injured workers in the areas of Workers’ Compensation, Social Security Disability and Accidental Disability Retirement claims.Mr. Agnelli has lectured at numerous continuing legal education programs on Workers’ Compensation law, and has chaired the Workers’ Compensation “update” seminars for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) for over 25 years. He was recently presented with the 2017-2018 MCLE Scholar-Mentor Award for “raising the bar” in his career-long contributions to the continuing legal education of the bar and his exceptional service to the legal profession by volunteering his time and expertise to MCLE programs and publications (read the full press release). He is also contributing author to the 2001 MCLE publication, “Workers’ Compensation Practice in Massachusetts” and he is also the author of “The Board – A History of the First Century of the Massachusetts Industrial Accident Board and the Workers’ Compensation Act”, published in April, 2011. He has been a guest lecturer for the Workers’ Compensation course at Southern New England School of Law. He has also presented several educational programs to numerous union labor organizations throughout Massachusetts.
Mr. Agnelli is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys and its Workers’ Compensation committee, and the Worker Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG). He is also a member of the Worcester County Bar Association and served as co-chair of its Workers’ Compensation committee for a number of years. He served on the Workers’ Compensation Centennial Committee for the 100th anniversary of the Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Act in 2011. He is a Fellow of the College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, inducted into the Class of 2011. He was also named as one of the nation’s “Top 100 Injured Workers Lawyers” by WILG from 2014 to 2018. Attorney Agnelli has also been selected as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer for 2016-2019 in the field of Workers’ Compensation, and as a “Ten Best Attorney” in Client Satisfaction in the Workers’ Compensation Law Division by the American Institute of Legal Counsel in 2017-2019.
Mr. Agnelli is a graduate of Fitchburg State College, magna cum laude, and a graduate of Suffolk University Law School. He was admitted to practice in Massachusetts in 1980 and to the U.S. District Court in Massachusetts in 1981.
Areas of Practice
- Massachusetts, 1980
- U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, 1981
- “Workers’ Compensation Practice in Massachusetts” (Contributing Author), MCLE Publication, 2001
- “The Board – A History of the First Century of the Massachusetts Industrial Accident Board and the Workers’ Compensation Act” (Author), 2011
The BoardA History of the First Century of the Massachusetts Industrial Accident Board and the Workers’ Compensation Act
Written by Joseph F. Agnelli, Jr., Esquire, this book contains a comprehensive history of workers’ compensation in Massachusetts focusing on how our Industrial Accident Board was originally organized. The book profiles many of the fascinating commissioners, judges and attorneys who help shape the practice of workers’ compensation law at the Department of Industrial Accidents.
Click here to learn more about the book or request a copy.
- Fellow, College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, 2011-Present
- WILG’s “Nations’ Top 100 Injured Worker Lawyers,” 2014-2018
- “Massachusetts Super Lawyers,” Workers’ Compensation, 2016-2019
- “Ten Best Attorney,” Client Satisfaction, Workers’ Compensation Law Division, American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2017-2019
- MCLE Scholar-Mentor Award, 2017-2018
- Life Fellow, Mass. Bar Foundation, 2017
- Second Annual Dick McCue Memorial “Legends Award”, June 2018
- Key to the City of Worcester, August, 2o2o
- 40 Year Anniversary – Proudly Serving the Community Since 1980
- Lecturer, Workers’ Compensation, Continuing Legal Education Programs, 1991-Present
- Chair, Annual Workers’ Compensation Conference, MCLE, 1999-Present
- Guest Lecturer, Workers’ Compensation Course, Southern New England School of Law